REASONS FOR COSMETIC DENTISTRY
One smile is one of the most important parts of a person’s image and the teeth are the most important part of person’s smile. Many people are not happy with their image and their teeth, with ageing, smoking and drinking certain drinks teeth discolour, gums recede and wear down. Short teeth can age a face dramatically. Cosmetic dentistry allows a person to improve what nature has given them successfully, implants, veneers, bleaching and stain removal can all make you look younger and healthier and give you a perfect smile.
Reasons for Cosmetic Dentistry may include:
• To increase self confidence and enhance self image
• To give a more youthful appearance in a natural way
• To correct uneven teeth
• Sunken gums that are losing their shape
• Puffy bleeding gums which may lead to bad breath
• To repair tooth damage caused by the natural ageing process
• To correct a congenital defect in the mouth
Why Turkey for Dental Treatment
• Significant price savings – you can save up to 70% over the cost of dental treatment in the UK and other European countries. As the elderly lose their teeth dental treatment can take up to 30% of their retirement savings and pension.
• Immediate treatment! No waiting time necessary for treatment to begin. A waiting list for certain treatments can be as long as 2 years in the UK. Rather than waiting for further deterioration and pain, the anxiety and frustration of waiting, it is better to come to Turkey where treatment can commence immediately (subject to consultation).
• Exclusive first class treatment – Many treatments are excluded from Governmental Health Services and are too expensive for most people to go ahead with privately. Exclusion from treatment may also mean that your dentist is not aware of or able to perform many options -. venners and implants therefore will not be able to offer you these alternative treatments.
• State of the art clinics with most up to date equipment – you will find that the clinic, the instruments, tecniques used, facilities and customer services here are equal to or exceed those found in the UK.
• The prospect of combining dental treatment with a recovery holiday on the beautiful Turkish coast with 300 days of sunshine.
• More patient friendly – there is much pressure on governmental health run services to speed up and rush patient processes with little time for anyone. Here the dentist may only see one or two patients a day, the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and flexible with much time for you to ask questions, learn about the options and alternative treatments as you need with no pressure put on you to go ahead with treatment at any stage.
The price of your cosmetic dentistry treatment will depend on a number of factors, such as:
• The treatment and the amount of work required.
• The clinic where the discussion is carried out such as that practiced by our clinic have high standards and an excellent reputation for superb cosmetic work, highly qualified staff and although the tolls are a lot less than in the UK they are not the cheapest in the country.
• The dentist carrying out the work and his / her level of experience and qualifications. There is a large variation in the fees charged between individual dentists e.g. A dental crown can cost as little as £300 in some clinics and up to £2000 per tooth in others. Specialists would generally tend to charge more than non specialists in a particular field of cosmetic dentistry.
• The materials used – the quality and costs of the dental materials used for your treatment will affect your overall treatment cost. For example branded dental implants are much more expensive than non branded implants and porcelain crowns are more expensive than those which have a metal foundation.
• After care and customer service – many clinics offer a guarantee with their work and the after care is incorporated into the price including follow up appointments and maintenance.
DENTISTRY IN TURKEY
By travelling to Turkey for dental treatment and cosmetic dentistry it is possible to save yourself up to 70% on European prices. If you haven’t been to Turkey before then maybe you are asking yourself how you are able to save yourself so much is there a compromise in quality of treatments or materials?Due to the world renowned expertise offered by its dentists we want to reassure you that Turkey offers EU standards of care the levels of which often surpass that of its many European neighbours. The modern, clean, clinics themselves are these days state of the art developments with facilities that exceed those of a European dentists surgery with treatment rooms that include the most modern up to date equipment where the most complex of dentistry procedures are carried out using the highest quality materials. I .ounges and gardens for waiting are comfortable with TV, tea and coffee served, childrens play areas, play station and DVD available. Significant savings can be made on cosmetic dentistry and other dental treatments because employees wages are much lower in Turkey than in the UK – compare the savings!
Dentistry comes under the Ministry of Health which is responsible for regulating dental colleges and the legal framework within which Turkish dentistry operates. The Turkish Dental Association (TDA) is the central body responsible for coordinating and regulating dental colleges and the professional development of dentistry within Turkey and for the development and updating the skills of its members across the country. This is done between the 33 local dental chambers throughout the country who then send delegates to a centralised committee who decide the national direction of the profession. All dentists must be a member of the Turkish Dental Association ( TDA) in order to practice dentistry in Turkey. If a dentist wishes to perform cosmetic dentistry then he / she must be a member of the Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry.
The Turkish Deantal Association which is a member of international dental organisations with its ethical standards informed by and contribute to European and world dentistry provides an ethical guide for all members which covers topics such as commtment to standards, their improvement, prices and patient – doctor relationships.
Dental education consists of 5 years training in one of Turkeys 25 dental schools after which the graduate receives a degree of D.D.S. Dentists can then pursue specialisation in 2 recognised specialities in Turkey – prosthodontics or orthodonty. Members of the TDA have an obligation to develop and update their skills in accordance with the associations committment to high standards of dental care.
Significant savings can be made on cosmetic dentistry and other dental treatments because employees wages are much lower in Turkey than in the UK – compare the savings!